
Poorly reviewed little rich girl Peaches Geldof (above) in more serene times
Some people really did not like Peaches Geldof's TV special on Islam, which debuted in England this week. People are now so steadilly railing against her, I'd have to have a whole separate blog just to keep on top of it all. She's really made it!
Chinamoo of Nottingham tuned in:
So I saw that C4 were doing 'a beginners guide to Islam' last night and decided to watch it interested that C4 were attempting to give us all an insight into the true nature of Islam. And who better to send on this quest than Peaches Geldof!?! The point being, 'to see what the Islamic world thinks of this precocious London girl?' as she stays with a Muslim girl and her family in Morocco. ?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!He makes me actually believe it was sort of bad.
Is it not fairly fucking obvious what they might think as Peaches rolls up in her crop top and skirt sporting a bag full of low cut dresses from the latest summer collection, politely asking her host 'would I get away with wearing this if I was a Muslim?' Did they research the questions before sending her out there or did C4 say 'just ask whatever pops in to your head!' and by the end of it not actually learning more than her and her fucking liberal over privileged mates knew already anyway!
Nothing against the girl- I mean she does seem quite intelligent but fuck sake, was the point of this to actually teach us something or just stick a face on it for some ratings? It just really pisses me off that celebrities are becoming a source for our knowledge and understanding of things! If I want to find out more about Islam then I'll pick up a book or have a conversation with someone from the diverse Islamic communities that thrive in our cities in Britain...
And Lord Milky of Banstead Grange is no kinder in his screed, "Time To Cream on Peaches":
...Peaches Geldof. A girl with no notable talent, other than the fact that her dad was in a really rubbish band, and likes to patronise the poor of Africa. Living proof that nepotism is alive and well in this fair isle....
Well, where if not there? (A: Oh yeah, here!)
No comments:
Post a Comment