Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Trouble in Doll City


Joshua Estrin, The Lady Chablis's publicist and cohost on "Shut Up Listen", left an intriguing and disturbing comment (see it at my masterful recent post "Stop Your Simpering!"):
Some trouble is stirring- Seems my dear Lady Chablis gave her all for a reality TV pilot and the production company went bad on her contract and her pay. In fact they stiffed cast and crew wanna help make a bit of a stir! Hitting all my buddies in the media and blogging world
Poor Lady Chablis--and shame on unscrupulous producers! Check back for updates as they emerge.

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

that Joshua is such a cutie. he's the anti-expert, but the total hotness. I wish you'd blog more about him. Oh -- and the doll, of course... what is up with this big ol' reality tv nightmare? i must know!!!

Anonymous said...

i've got to know more about that cutie Joshua!!!! give us the dirt, John!!! don't keep me hanging...

Anonymous said...

You want to stay away from Josh! He's nuts! Believe me, I have a lot of experience with him and he's bad news.

Anonymous said...

John-

Thank you so much for taking the time to post and Frederico and Marconi - Thank you for your comments. At nearly 40 I will take "cutie" as a very gracious compliment.

Now ANONYMOUS - you have one part correct. I am nuts, absolutely and would not have it any other way

Nuts when people hide behind a thin veil and send fiery darts. Few people have had A LOT of experience with me and of the few who have - on a professional level...Well if I gave it to you and took you to task for something just like you see here, I think it is very clear I am not nuts I simply have a spine and integrity and I have the cajones to CALL IT OUT.

If this is on a personal level, I can think of only 5 people I have let close enough to me to have possibly hurt or have been hurt by...

So since one of us does have a spine and some gumption to boot

jestrin@conceptsinsuccess.com

954 727 8206 and why don't we discuss like adults why you are so angry...Perhaps I am more "nuts" then even I realize


John thank you so much..Now can we get a sexy picture of TLC up there? And careful, remember I am "bad news and nuts" Such drama huh
JE

Anonymous said...

NOTE TO SELF...

Duh Josh! Now fully awake, fredrico marconi- Did he not invent the radio? Followed by and nasty post...

Just a thought to my anonymous "hater" Marconi's first message, an SOS was picked up by a man name "David"

That should be all I need to say (for now)

Anonymous said...

This sucks no one should be stiffed and especially not the Doll

As for the hating??? At least use your name when you call someone crazy-jeez! Oh, ok it was "nuts", yeah get some

Anonymous said...

John that's all we get? And even if "fred" and "marconi" are fake Josh is cute!

Anonymous said...

The word is defintely OUT if you don't know about Digg.com you should and if you fu*k with The Lady Chablis the world tends to know.

Thanks John did not know about your blog until a buddy (chris) told me he posted and heard about you on an Internet radio show with the DOLL

This is on Digg. I love Chablis she deserves better

Top Ten Reasons Not To Do A Gay Reality Show
digthis1 submitted 16 minutes ago (johnqsanchez.blogspot.com)

Top 10 reasons to stay away from gay reality TV The Lady Chablis, cast and crew of a Miami-based reality pilot "QUEEN" were said to be STIFFED by the production company, Pheonix Productions...Nasty? Cheap? Homophobic? More…

Anonymous said...

John says I have to spill the beans..."beans" to follow, but the most important thing is to help get this talented cast and crew paid!

I want to tell all but not until I am sure it is not just taken as me being some nasty Queen! After all rumor is I am "nuts" :)

Let's get this company to make good and then hell yes the story is yours!

A simple contract dispute SHOULD be easy as pie to resolve

No?

Anonymous said...

word to the wise...the radio inventor's first name was Guglielmo, not Frederico...so that shoots the impostor theory down...

i think those two, like me, are just doll divas who can't get enough JOSH!!! sorry to hear the DOLL got stiffed (two tears in a bucket) but i'd love to 'stiff' that hottie josh!!

Anonymous said...

major jeers to anonymous!! what a snake to dis Josh and not even leave your name. i can't believe he's bad news.. He looks so sweet, i don't think butter would melt in his mouth. anon, you're the one who's BAD NEWS!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the correction Winston...Not as if I could have done my homework to make sure instead of coming off as such a "smarty".

All this "cute" business could go to a guys head, but thank you and thank you to all of those who have posted. As a Publicist and "personality" (or so I am told) - Getting the word out at "ground level" is far more exciting to me than the traditional routes as we get real time feedback to real time issues. Some light, some serious and all of them a refelction of the human condition

Now who is going to call into my damn radio show so I can get to know you?

Thanks again for the interest and the kindness

Josh

Anonymous said...

What the F*ck this is far too much to be solved with the Doll's "Two Tears in the bucket..."

Gay people who screw over other gay people are the worst kind.

Business is business and things happen, but if we can't take care of our own and honor a simple job well done why the hell should anyone else respect us?

If The Lady Chablis' Publicist and Manager is going to come out fighting on her behalf-besides the fact that is part of his job, then BRAVO!

If people here know him and say he is "bad news or nuts." I would venture that Joshua Estrin is a shark in business and simply takes no BS. I would like a few more of him and a few less flag waivers and party boys on OUR TEAM

And Chablis you will always be the Doll to me

Anonymous said...

Do what you need to Chablis and don't be shy (AS IF)

Anonymous said...

I just wrote a BLISTERING e-mail to those self-hating homos at Pheonix Productions and I urge y'all to do the same. After all, if we can't help people in our community, who is the one who can do it if not for us??? Am I right, John?

Anonymous said...

You are kicking it grass roots, Josh, and I LOVE that!!! Never too big to reach out and spread some love to the little people..

Anonymous said...

what little people you are doing all the hard work and John I owe call in your favor anytime!

Please keep posting looks like they pay up nest week if not we take it to the next level and I will need all your help

Anonymous said...

I am a huge fan of josh, his books and as a result a "craver" or so I think that is the proper term for one who adores Lady Chablis.

Some call me a bit "touched" for starting a fan site for Josh

Oh well if he is "nuts" then I guess I am off the hook crazy!

take a look and chat me up

http://shutupfanclub.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I came across your blog new to the entire blogspot "thing" - but not new to The Lady Chablis or the world of show business

I have seen the Lady perform and met her when the glitter and glitz is off. She is a A Doll and always will be.

The equation is simple. You do a job you get paid

Qpid

Anonymous said...

News takes awhile to filter down this far south. We hired the Doll for a Gay and Lesbian biz expo in TN and she was AMAZING...To think you get a shot at having the Lady do a pilot and you !@# her over.

I know Joshua Estrin as well and while a man who runs a tight ship when it comes to Chablis and all his clients, perhaps a few more like him and the LGBT community could pull it together and not act like we are a bit disconnected to one another to say the least...

Thanks for posting this John and to all you haters out there...When we feed on our own, we are no better if not worse than those who call us "freaks" "faggots" and want us simply to disappear

SBT

Anonymous said...

Damn Evan don't mince words

Thanks!

JE

Anonymous said...

still NO MONEY Pheonix Productions of Miami FL you promised!!! And all the people that worked to help make your dream a reality deserve better.

When we disrespect our own the cut is deeper and it goes beyond simlply "bad business" and makes me wonder....Why should anyone "else" show us any respect when we feed on each other like parasites?

It's times like this I am ashamed to be gay

Joshua

Anonymous said...

It was an experience of a life time gone sour as I was one of the girls in this reality show.

I learned so much from The Lady Chablis and I was there each day also watching Joshua make sure Chablis was not only well taken care of as per whatever agreement she had, but on a more personal level, it was clear his concern for her and for all of us was real.

Reality can suck and this is proof that reality television can be all too real.

A big ouch and a Bravo to Joshua Estrin and dear Lady Chablis. I only hope one day I have half the charisma she does.


Philip you need to do the right thing.

We gave you a piece of who we are, now make good on your promises.