Monday, November 13, 2006

Weird Timing for Carol Channeling

The gay part of the Internet is all buzzy today over an interview the actual Carol Channing recently gave, in which she revealed what seems to be a new attitude.
KK: You seem to have a very large gay following. Have you ever thought about why?

CC: I don’t think about them. I’m grateful that they seem to like me. They’re terribly loyal to me. But I’m knee-deep in the Bible and you know what it says about that.

KK: Alright.

CC: Oh, dear. Is this for a gay publication? Have I offended you?

KK: Yes. For the Gay People’s Chronicle. Right now, it’s really not my job to be offended or not be offended. I am just asking questions and reporting answers. I read that you have fought for gay rights. Do you think that the things gay people are fighting for are important?

CC: I don’t think about it. If they can’t take care of their own problems, why should I bother. It’s not my problem.

KK: I see.
And, by coincidence, tonight for one night only at Joe's Pub, it's Carol Channeling! Poor fake Carol--do you think she's writing a whole new act right this moment (she's on at 11:30pm)? She could act like it didn't happen (that's my approach, for one), but if any crowd would know, it's hers.

No comments: