Tuesday, August 01, 2006

"It's Too Fuckin' Hot"

That's what Cole Porter wanted to call his song, but they made him change it, the prudes.

Everyone's complaining that I haven't blogged in almost a week. What can I tell you? It's a notoriously slow time of year for news.

But check out this, the brand-new Classy Cultural Calendar (New York). It's a Google Calendar with everything interesting going on in town, as determined by me. And even in August, there is so much to do here, and I'm kind of excited to have it all in one place.

Here's some stuff that's on this week:

The Red Krayola at the Knitting Factory, tomorrow at 7: I first heard them on Rodney on the Roq, a major endorsement in my book (also, on my blog).

Calexico and The New Pornographers at Central Park Summer Stage
, tomorrow at 9: In Rodney on the Roq fashion, they covered "Alone Again Or," by Aruthur Lee and Love, and they've also collaborated with the Nortec Collective.

Dirty Martini at Coney Island Burlesque, Friday at 10pm: I saw Miss Martini helping out at Murray Hill and Linda Simpsons's Monday night bingo at Mo Pitkin's this week; she said her theme for Friday is the end of the world. Let's hope we make it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey John-

The reason you may take a bit longer than we want to blog is when you do post, you have something to share!

Now teach me how to upload video or I will have to come back to my old "212" stomping grounds and find you

Hope all is well

Joshua