
I live in New York, where we have tiny apartments and a great library system. I don't keep many books on hand, but one of the few I make space for on my shelf is "Hiding My Candy," the autobiography of The Lady Chablis, alongside the dictionary, Lynda Barry, and POPism by Andy Warhol. How exciting that she's issued a brand-new press-release--look! Initially, I misread it to mean she's got a new book out. She doesn't, as reader Troy was quick to point out (see comments). In fact, I'm not exactly sure what she's selling, but she's doing it with characteristic verve.
Unexpectedly, the press release forgets to cite all her star-making past work--she was a character in the best-selling "non-fiction novel" "Midnight in the Garden of Eden" and starred in the not-so-great Clint Eastwood movie adaptation. Between those two, she wrote her autobiography, "Hiding My Candy," a classic of drag autobiography right up there with Holly Woodlawn's "A Low Life in High Heels" and Jayne County's "Man Enough to Be a Woman." Before all that, she held more titles than JonBenet Ramsey herself, including Miss Gay World 1976.
The Lady Chablis Says - It is After Midnight and it is Her Garden Now…
Miami, FL, July 12, 2006 --(PR.COM)-- With a new look and outlook the indefinable and forever outspoken Lady Chablis says, “land the plane and dock the boat… It is after midnight and it is my garden now!”
While she will never underestimate or belittle her good fortune as a result of the book and movie that has made her a pop culture icon, The Lady Chablis, also known as the Doll, has set her sights on new horizons and is doing so with her usual flair and unabashed demeanor.
The Lady, still the Empress of the stage, is less about LIP SYNC and more about giving some LIP SERVICE to what it is that she does best - observations and comments on the daily absurdity of the human condition.
Just back from The Big Apple after appearing, well everywhere…. The Doll remarks,
"I have a new outlook and a new 'DOLL KEEPER' …Concepts In Success and Joshua Estrin have taken me in a new and exciting direction. People ask…But are you still a Drag Queen…?
Yes I am…When YOU pay me to be one.
This change has been very good for me because Honey, I’ve already done everything else!"
With her new Internet radio show, The Lady and the Champ on World Talk Radio and a new line of clothing.
THE DOLL IS IN THE HOUSE AND NO ASSEMBLY IS REQUIRED!
###
18 comments:
Read the press release again. "Doll keeper" is in all caps for emphasis, not because it's a title. "Concepts in success" is the name of her new PR company, not a subtitle. This release isn't about a book; she's plugging herself and what she's doing now. But it's written so poorly that it's hard to tell what kind of work she's interested in. There's not even a link to her Internet radio show.
Who cares what they left out that Doll is back - did some digging and you can find something new in a few places...
She is on the move
Her store is great...
http://www.cafepress.com/shutupandlisten/1038776
Her radio show OMG live and archived on the web
Cute guy too is that her man?
http://www.worldtalkradio.com/show.asp?sid=228
Two tears in the bucket all!
Mr. "Doll Keeper" seems to have a life of his own too. Not sure where he came from or what is going on with him and The Lady, but that man is cute and check him out...He has his own thing going as co- host with the Doll and here
www.planetjosh.net
mmm mmmm mmmm and smart too love the site Love the doll
www.planetchablis.com her radio show is a click away there. Not as Drag Queenie as her last looks like it is a work in progress
That Shut UP! Guy is all over! Dam who is the mysterious DOLL Keeper?
has anyone heard about a cookbook the Doll is working on?? Any links any buzz?
She has recipes in Hiding My Candy but we need more
What is this radio show all about? Anyone listen to it yet?
I dont know about any recipies but THE DOLL is cookin in MY book!
this is old but she has been working on all of this awhile
Who the !@# is this doll keeper he is shaing things up
http://www.outandaboutnewspaper.com/living/liv05nov14.htm
Dam here is the man behind the doll (no pun)
http://www.churchstreetfreedompress.com/html/current_front_page/news_folder/11_17_05/josh.html
http://www.churchstreetfreedompress.com/html/current_front_page/news_folder/11_17_05/josh.html
oops
dam the URL is too long
Hey where is the guy that runs this Blog. John what have you started? Dam man this is moving
BRAVO!
Hi Travis,
I'm here! I guess it just proves once again that if you want to bring the people, go to the Doll. And I'm glad Josh has put her on the radio.
Do you think they'd let me interview them on the phone if I asked?
Here's that link to the article about Josh, Brad!
Hi John-
The "Doll Keeper" is in the house. You are a gem. Thank you so much for starting this and the press release despite comment :)
"But it's written so poorly that it's hard to tell what kind of work she's interested in. There's not even a link to her Internet radio show."
Did exactly what it was meant to do, give a taste of the sweetness of the Doll and let the rest happen as it always does.
As for an interview...Why not be a guest on the radio show and let US interview (thank) you?
Please feel free to contact me at
www.conceptsinsuccess.com the contact page will get you to me.
And to everyone here who has been so supportive of The Lady...
So much more to come!!!
I would log in under my blogger name but I forgot it.
I look forward to hearing from you and anyone else and for those who were so kind to call me "cute" photoshop does wonders folks but thanks for making this geeks day.
Regards
Joshua
The Anti Expert
The Doll Keeper
Et Al
www.planetjosh.net
Do it man he is hot and she is CHABLIS! He has a book too I checked him out (well you know)
Shut Up! and Listen to Yourself
LOL
I love it Amazon does too what a team they are oil and water
You are like a walking billboard...Has anyone seen the musical version of Midnight?
Yes I have a poster from it...Chablis was in the musical
Becky, Terri, Jenny, James etc etc. The word is spelled "damn," not "dam." You all must have all gone to the same school! Or something.
Also it's "Midnight In the Garden of Good and Evil," not "Midnight In the Garden of Eden."
Thanks ever so.
Post a Comment